(i) Peer Reviewed Articles
1. “Public-Private Partnerships in Canadian Healthcare: A Case Study of the Brampton Civic Hospital,” (with D. Barrows et al.), OECD Journal on Budgeting, Volume 2012/1, Feb 2012.
2. “A Comparative Study of Innovation Activities within Regulated Electricity Distribution Utilities in the UK and Ontario, Canada,” (with D. Barrows, W. Hawkins and M S Michel), Zeitschrift für öffentliche und gemeinwirtschaftliche Unternehnen (ZögU), Journal for Public and Nonprofit Services, 41/2011, pp. 66-78, December 2011.
3. “Canadian Health and Wellness Tourism: Obstacles Impeding International Competitiveness,” (with Barrows et al.), The Innovation Journal: The Public Sector Innovation Journal, 2007, Vol. 12(3), Article 12
4. “Joint Ventures in the Electrical and Electronics Industries in Thailand,” (with Fenwick et al.) Sasin Journal of Management, Vol. 2 No.1, 1996, pp.97-111.
5. “The Role of Intellectual Property Rights in Stimulating Commercialization in ASEAN: Lessons from Canada,” (with F. Swierczek), Technovation, Vol. 14, 1994
6. “Restructuring, Regrouping, and Adjusting: Canadian Manufacturing in an Era of Free Trade and Globalization,” (with K. Weiermair), Managerial and Decision Economics, Vol. 14, No. 2, 1993.
7. “Foreign Exchange Futures Options: Parity-Based Tests and Learning Effects,” (with J.A. Schnabel), International Review of Economics and Finance, 1(2), 1992.
8. “Protection, Terms of Technology Transfer and Foreign Investment: A Welfare Analysis,” (with Mahmudul Anam), International Economic Journal, Vol. 6, No. 4, 1992.
9. “Transnational Corporations in the Thai Telecommunications and Selected Service Sectors,” Asia-Pacific TNC Review, 1992.
10. “The Commercialization of Government Sponsored Technologies: Canadian Evidence,” Research Policy, 19, 1990, pp. 369-78.
(Ib) Revise and Resubmit
1. “Firm’s FDI Ownership: The Influence of State Ownership, Legislative and Executive Connections,” (with Y. Pan et al.) J. International Business Studies
(ii) Peer Reviewed Book Chapters
1. “Public Private Partnerships in Indian Airports,” (with D. Barrows et.al.), Financing Public Services: Taxes, User Pay or Other Forms of Service Delivery? (ed. Sakurai, T., Macdonald, I. et.al.) 2013.
2. “The Founding Conditions of Entrepreneurial Firms as a Function of Emerging Institutional Arrangements in China,” (with E. Fischer, and Y. Pan) in Entrepreneurship in Emerging Regions around the World: Theory, Evidence and Implications (ed. by Phillip H. Phan, Sankaran Venkataraman, Rama Velamuri), Edward Elgar Publishing, July, 2008.
3. “Sub-Contracting and the Development of Small and Medium Enterprises: Problems and Perspectives,” in Transnational Corporations and the Development of Backward Linkages in the Electrical and Electronics Industries, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD/ESCAP), 1995.
4. “Linkage Effects, Technology Transfer, and the Development of Small and Medium Enterprises in the Electrical and Electronics Industries in Thailand,” in Transnational Corporations and the Development of Backward Linkages in the Electrical and Electronics Industries, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD/ESCAP), 1995.
5. “Future Technology Policy Options for Thailand,” in M. Blomstrom (ed.) Technology Towards theYear 2000, (Bangkok: United Nations Conference on Trade and Development, ESCAP/UNCTAD), 1994.
6. “Public Private Partnerships in Indian Airports,” (with D. Barrows et al.), forthcoming
(iii) Peer Reviewed Books and Edited Books
1. Globalization of Production and Trends and Prospects for the Competitiveness of Small- and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs) in Asia and the Pacific, (with N. Freeman and G. Abonyi) United Nations: Studies in Trade and Investment 66, United Nations Publication, December 2009
2. Transnational Corporations and the Development of Backward Linkages in the Electrical and Electronics Industries, (ed. A. Bhanich Supapol), United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD/ESCAP), United Nations Publication 1995
(iv) Refereed Working Papers
1. “Getting More Out of the ASEAN Economic Community Single Market: Developing Small and Medium Enterprises (SME) Policy Index for ASEAN,” (with G. Abonyi), Prepared for Economics and Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia (ERIA), Jakarta, Feb 2012
2. “Canadian Foreign Direct Investment in Southeast Asia: Challenges to Canadian Companies,” (with I. Fenwick), a study prepared for the John Deustch Institute, Queen’s University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada, 1993
3. “Restructuring, Regrouping, Adjusting: The Case of the Canadian Textile andClothing Industries,” (with K. Weiermair) Discussion Paper, Ontario Centre for International Business, 1991
4. “Currency Substitution, Term Structure of Interest Rates and the Canadian Demand for Money,” Discussion Paper, Wilfrid Laurier University Department of Economics (with F. Zandi), 1989
5. An Evaluation of the Federal Make-or-Buy Policy (with D.G. McFetridge), Discussion Paper, Economic Council of Canada: Ottawa, 1982
(v) Selected Presentations (from 2000)
1. “PPP and Project Finance: Innovative Financing Approaches to Policy Execution and Implementation,” Masters Certificate in Public Management, Schulich Executive Education, Toronto, April 2011.
2. “Changing Economic Realities and Capital Markets,” Masters Certificate in Financial Services Leadership, Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC), April 2011, March 2012.
3. “Professional Certificate in Business Administration,” Schulich School of Business, York University, Toronto, Ontario, 2003 – 2011
4. “PPP and International Project Finance,” Commonwealth Executive Program, Toronto, June 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
5. “Public Finance and Program Evaluation,” Ministry of Finance, various Chinese Provincial Governments, 2008, 2009
6. “Securitization,” China Life Insurance, Toronto, Canada, 2007.
7. “Financial Holdings: Strategy and Implementation,” CINDA Asset Management Company, Toronto, Canada, 2007
8. “Strategy and Organizational Strategy,” Ministry of Finance (Fiscal Policy Research Institute), Government of Thailand, Chiang-Mai, Thailand, 2006 – 2012.
9. “Assessment of Business Opportunities and Strategies for Thai Processed Food Products in Ontario and Quebec” Thai Trade Center, Department of Export Promotion, Ministry of Commerce, Government of Thailand, December, 2005.
10. “Strategy for Thai Food Export,” ThaiFex International Food Conference, Bangkok, Thailand 2005
11. “Thai Hom-Mali Rice and Thai Processed Food Export,” ThaiFex International Food Conference, Bangkok, Thailand 2006
12. “Investment Banking Practice in North America” and “Managing NPLs and NPAs: Portfolio Structuring and Disposal Strategy” for China Orient Asset Management Company, Great Wall Asset Management Company, CINDA Asset Management Company, 2005, 2006.
13. “FDI and the Role of Host Country Government” for the Chinese BDA Program. October 2005
14. “PPP and International Project Finance” to Senior Municipal officials from Beijing under the Public Management Program, Toronto, May, 2004; 2005
15. “Demographic change, Technology, and Economic Impact,” to the Strategic Leadership Forum, Toronto, Canada, 2003
16. Keynote lecture for National Life Insurance on “Economic Outlook,” 2002
17. “International Project and Infrastructure Finance” to senior Chinese municipal officials and academics, Toronto, 2001, 2002, 2003
18. “Globalization and Management,” Management for Leaders 3, Schulich Executive Education Centre, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
(vi) Journal and Book Review
1. Reviewer, Journal of Business Venturing
2. Reviewer, Journal of International Management
3. “Corporate Sustainability under the Sufficiency Economy Philosophy,” Pattanathai Foundation, Book by the National Economic and Social Development Board (NESDB) and Sasin, Government of Thailand, 2010