Admissions to SOM are on a strictly competitive basis where applicant has to submit a completed application form with all credentials and testimonials duly attested before the deadline of the school.
To be eligible for admission to the regular PhD program, an applicant must:
- Have strong academic records (both undergraduate and graduate) and normally hold a four-year bachelor’s degree, and a Master’s degree, preferably with a combination of course and thesis work, from an institution of good standing, acceptable to AIT. The minimum GPA requirement for admission to the doctoral program is 3.50 or equivalent at the master’s degree level.
- Submit a brief outline of dissertation research proposal including the required research facilities, if necessary.
For applicants with minimum CGPA at the master’s degree level of less than 3.50 or equivalent, the Certificate of Advanced Studies (CAS) Program is being offered by AIT.
- Full-time CAS students completing the minimum course credit requirement and attaining a CGPA of at least 3.50 at the end of the second semester are eligible for transfer to the Doctoral Degree program.
- Students who are not eligible for transfer to the Doctoral Degree program are awarded the Certificate of Advanced Studies.
For applicants to doctoral programs:
– AIT English Entrance Test (EET) 5.5 (As a requirement for graduation, students must attain a score of 6.on the AIT English test)
– IELTS 5.5
– TOEFL Computer based 196
– iTOEFL 70
– CEFR (Europe) B2
Exemption: Applicants who are citizens of and have been educated in an English-speaking country (e.g., Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, the UK, and the USA) are exempted from score submission. Proof of citizenship and studies must be submitted.
For more information regarding English requirements:
Also, you may want to visit AIT English Language: AIT’s Language Center
P.h.D Program Fee 2018
|Registration Fee for 6 semester @ 20,000 Baht semester||1,200,00|
|Tuition Fee 84 credit @ 16,000 Baht credit||1,344,000|